'Tis the season, so here we go. Your updated 2012 holiday power rankings.
1) Christmas - There's really no argument here. Christmas is like the Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls. As long as MJ's playing(Santa), it's just no contest.
2) Easter - Did you know that Easter/Good Friday isn't a federal holiday? Just a state holiday in several states. I'm still counting it because I normally get Easter Monday off too so it feels like a holiday to me. A clear second fiddle.
3) Thanksgiving - Now things are tightening up a little bit, but the extra black friday off puts Turkey Day in the three spot. Stuffing helps, too.
4) 4th of July - Summer. Fireworks. Parades. Stewartville 5k run. What's not to like?
5) Memorial Day - The unofficial beginning of summer, and you know how this blogger likes his summer.
6) Labor Day - A final nice, warm weekend before summer ends.
7) New Year's Day - Gets screwed over by its proximity to Christmas. If New Year's was like in February or March it would climb the rankings. Bad time slot - like being televised opposite Seinfeld.
8 tie) MLK Jr. and Prez. Day - I get an alternating one of you off each year so you two tie. Deal with it.
10)Veterans Day - Again, no day off. But, the it being for the Vets keep it out of the 11 hole.
11) Columbus Day - What have you done for me lately Christopher?
That's it. Discuss...