Lurking through the Twitterverse and Facebook Nation it's become obvious that some of you need some help. It's understandable. You're new parents. The cartoon world has changed. Well, as a savvy five year veteran of the new-age cartoon world I'm here to help you out.
1) Backyardigans - Good songs. Periodic adult humor thrown in. Funny names like Uniqua. What's not to like?
2) Sesame Street - This ain't your daddy's Sesame Street. Somehow the show is now funny. I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor that a character in my book is based off of Grover. Only downfall is that it's extremely Politically Correct.
3) Little Einsteins - Maybe it's the fact that I enjoy the music. Maybe it's the fact that Quincy cracks me up. Most likely it's the fact that both of my kids will sit still and watch it. Works for a 4 year old AND a 2 year old.
4) Super Why - Educational, which is always good. Plus, when Chloe says the name it sounds like Pooper Pie. Ha, Pooper Pie.
5) Dora/Diego Combo - Really they're the same thing. Getting low on the enjoyability level now, except that I enjoy mispronouncing Spanish words over and over again.
6) Blue's Clues - I can talk like Blue. I also do a mean Mr. Salt.
7) Team Umizoomi - Yes, I really did give my 7th graders extra credit for watching Team Umizoomi and recording all of the math terms they heard...
8) The Wonder Pets - I love talking like Ming Ming. I don't think my wife does...
Last Place) Yo Gabba Gabba. This show is just strange. It is banned from my house. That's right, I put the foot down! Shows you my immense power in the household.
Feel free to disagree. Just know that you're wrong...